One of the best ways to feel comfortable with your copier lease is to trust your leasing agent. There are a lot of sketchy characters in the copier leasing field. They will try and trick you into spending more than you should. Not everyone is like this, but that’s why you need to ask questions to your leasing agent. Asking questions and feeling them out is one of the only ways to know that you aren’t getting ripped off.
When you are asking questions to your leasing agent you need to consider if you think they are telling you the truth. Get down to the bottom of the bottom of your lease. Don’t let them deter you from trying to understand all the small parts. The devil is in the details, and that’s’ where you will lose the most money.
Here are some questions you can ask your leasing agent to get an idea of if they are being honest or not.
- What do I get with my lease payment?
- What other fees or charges will I be paying each month?
- Can I expect my lease payment to stay the same during my entire lease?
- Do I have to pay extra for a service agreement?
- Why do you think this copier is right for me?
- Is there anywhere else that you think I could spend less?
These are questions that will guide you to a better lease, but it will also help you get a good idea of the agent you are working with.